Brotchen bread recipe, how to make German brotchen bread, it is very easy to prepare dough, make the dough and let it rest. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. It’s ready.
It is a very popular breakfast bread in Germany. Brotchen bread is known as small bread. Brotchen bread is enough to try once. Afterwards, you will want to eat this bread all the time.
Ingredients: 650 gr of flour, 1 fresh yeast, 250 ml water, 1 cube sugar, 1 dessert spoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
How to Make German Brotchen Bread
- Put 250 ml of water and 1 cube of sugar in a bowl and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add 350 g of flour and 1 teaspoon of salt and mix for 2 more minutes.
- Add 300 g of flour, yeast, 2 tablespoons of yogurt, and mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, knead well and let it rest for half an hour.
- (30 min later) Sprinkle some flour onto the dough and divide into 9 equal parts and shape the pieces.
- Place them on a baking tray, cover with a cloth, and let it rest for half an hour.
- (30 min later) Wet the doughs with a brush.
- Put a bowl/container of water in the lowest layer of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes in an oven with top and bottom heat at 225 Degrees Celsius (437 Degrees Fahrenheit).
- Cover the bread with a cloth after taking it out of the oven. Serve after 10 minutes.