How to make bulgur meatballs with yogurt, meatless meatball recipe, bulgur, onion, garlic, yogurt, egg, flour, 6 kinds of spices. Butter and tomato paste. This recipe is known as (Fellah meatballs) in Turkey. Quite popular, light for lunch. Also suitable for diet or vegan.
Ingredients: 300 g fine bulgur, 400 ml hot water, 70 g semolina, 1 grated onion, 2 grated garlic, 500 g yogurt, 50 g flour, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon of ground red pepper, 50 ml of oil, 20 g of butter, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of chili pepper, 1 teaspoon of mint.
How to Make Bulgur Balls
- Pour bulgur, semolina, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 400 ml of hot water into a bowl.
- Mix for 3 minutes, cover, and let it swell for 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 grated onion, 50 g of flour, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon chili pepper and knead for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on a baking sheet. Make hazelnut-sized balls with bulgur, press in the center, and place on the tray.
- Pour 2 liters of hot water and 1 teaspoon of salt into a pan. Cook the bulgur balls for 10 minutes, take them with a strainer and let them cool.
- Pour 500 g of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of black pepper, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon of oil into a bowl. Mix for 1 minute.
- Add 20 g of margarine, 50 ml of oil, and 2 grated garlic in a pan. After roasting for 1 minute, add 1 teaspoon of mint and 1 teaspoon of ground red pepper. Fry for another minute.
- Put the bulgur balls in a plate. Add the yogurt sauce first and then the oil sauce and serve.