Falafel Recipe Lebanese Falafel Patties
Falafel recipe, falafel patties from Lebanese cuisine. It is healthy delicious with very easy recipe, suitable for vegan and vegetarian. How to make falafel, step by step video falafel recipe.
It is very popular in Middle Eastern cuisine. It is very popular in Egypt, Lebanon and many Arab countries. Arabic meaning (Pepper) is very easy to make. Falafel is in the category of hot dishes in world cuisine.
It’s a pretty light meal so it’s great for Vegans or dieters. Falafel is sometimes made with a wrap and it is much more delicious when cumin is added to it. In many sources, it is said to have a history of 4 thousand years. This Falafel recipe is from the kitchen of a popular restaurant.
Ingredients: 500 g of chickpeas, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 onion, half a bunch of parsley, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of white ground pepper, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of curry.
- Chickpeas were soaked in carbonated (1 tablespoon) water for 12 hours.
- Strain the chickpeas and wash after 12 hours of soaking (should be washed very well). Wait until it dries (about 40 minutes).
- Grind chickpeas with 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 onion, half a bunch of parsley, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of white powdered pepper, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of curry.
- Put the dough-like mixture in a bowl and knead it by hand for 3 minutes.
- Cover it after kneading and leave it in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, take it out of the refrigerator and shape it by hand into small pieces.
- Pour plenty of oil in a pan and fry them (just like deep-frying french fries).
Serve hot. P.S: The remaining falafel can be kept in the freezer.