Lentil soup recipe, Turkish style ezogelin soup, delicious soup recipe with some vegetables and some spices. Details about lentil soup, how to make lentil soup. Red lentil soup is very popular in Anatolian cuisine.
Red lentil or Turkish name Ezogelin soup. Many restaurants have it in main soups. Its difference from normal lentil soup is that it contains vegetables.
Ingredients: 170 g of lentils, 1 potato, 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 clove of garlic, 2.5 liters of hot water, 3,5 tbsp (50 g) of margarine, 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 teaspoon of dried mint, half a cup of oil, 1 tablespoon of bulgur 1 tablespoon tomato paste, a little salt, and black pepper.
Lentil Soup Recipe Turkish Ezogelin Soup
- Soak the lentils in water for half an hour.
- After half an hour, wash thoroughly in a strainer and wait for 5 minutes to dry.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of bulgur in hot water for half an hour.
- Add potatoes, onions, garlic in large pieces in a pot.
- Pour the lentils and add 2 liters of water and boil for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foams from the boiling soup and blend it with a blender.
- Start cooking the soup that has been smashed with the blender to froth over high heat and remove the foam with a spoon. Then add some black pepper and salt and keep boiling by stirring for 3 minutes.
- Strain the bulgur we soak in hot water for half an hour with a strainer.
- Add some oil and 1 tablespoon of tomato paste into a pan. Fry by stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour and fry a little more.
- Add some water to it and mix a little. Then, pour an average of 3 scoops of the cooked lentils and keep mixing.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of black pepper and mix a little. Then put the lentil pot on the stove.
- Add the sauce. mix it a little bit and pour 200 ml of hot water gradually over it. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Melt 3,5 tbsp (50 g of butter) in a pan.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of dried mint and fry for two minutes. Pour the roasted mint over the soup and mix.
- Add the bulgur soaked in water. Stir it a little, boil it for 5 minutes and serve.
- P.S: You can have your soup with some lemon juice and some crouton bread.