Neapolitan pasta sauce takes 20 minutes to prepare this sauce. Homemade recipes are always healthy. Easy step-by-step recipe to make Neapolitan pasta sauce at home.
About Neapolitan Sauce
Neapolitan is Italian sauce, known as the local sauce of the city of Naples. Neapolitan sauce is used a lot in Italian cuisine. Neapolitan sauce especially adds flavor to pasta and penne. You can also use this sauce on meat, chicken, fish and pizza.
- 1 kg of tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 middle size of celery root
- a small bunch of celery leaves
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 bay leaves 2 liters of water
- a little salt and black pepper.
Neapolitan Pasta Sauce Recipe
- Cut all the veggies into several pieces and add them to the pot.
- Add 2 liters of water.
- Put the pot on the stove and cook until the water is absorbed.
- Remove the bay leaves from the pot and pulse the cooked veggies with a blender.
- Neapolitan sauce can be served cold or hot by adding a little salt and pepper.
- You can keep the remaining Neapolitan sauce in the fridge.