Turkish style lentil patties recipe, this recipe is great for salad, vegan or a light lunch. This recipe is very popular in many cities in Turkey. Its Turkish name (Kisir) includes spices and greens.
Turkish style lentil patties are made from fine bulgur, no cooking required. Compared to rice, bulgur is healthier and has less calories.
Turkish style lentil patties
Many dietitians recommend this salad variety. It is healthy nutritious but does not make you gain weight. It is high in carbohydrates, so if you are on a diet, you may feel more energized for a long time.
A tablespoon has an average of 25 to 30 calories. If you consider lentil patties for diet, you can calculate the calorie ratio accordingly.
Ingredients: 300 g fine bulgur, 170 g lentils, 100 ml of oil, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of pepper paste, 1 dessert spoon chili pepper, 1 dessert spoon black pepper, 1 dessert spoon salt, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 finely chopped onion, 1 bunch of finely chopped parsley, 1 bunch of finely chopped green onion, 1 lemon juice, 600 ml of water.
Turkish Style Lentil Patties Recipe
- Add 170 grams of lentils in a strainer and rinse well.
- Then pour it into a saucepan and fill it with 600 ml of water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Mix the cooked lentils and its juice with the bulgur. Add a little salt, mix a bit, cover, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add 100 ml of oil into a pan, then add the finely chopped onions. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Then pour the tomato paste, spices, and salt over it. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour the cooked sauce over the lentil bulgur we rested, and mix well.
- Close the lid and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the lentil & bulgur mix. Knead for a while.
- Add finely chopped parsley and green onions and knead for 5 more minutes.
- Take walnut-sized pieces in the palm of your hand and squeeze them to shape.