Turkish style stuffed eggplant recipe with minced meat and sauce. If you want a great recipe, this recipe is delicious. Step by step Turkish style stuffed eggplant recipe.
One of the most beautiful local dishes, hot or cold, is stuffed eggplant. This is not the classic stuffed eggplant, in this recipe, first cook the eggplants and then add the sauce.
- 250 gr ground beef
- 3 eggplants
- 1 red finely chopped capia pepper
- 1 piece finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- a little bit of finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of cumin,
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 500 ml of vegetable oil
Turkish style stuffed eggplant recipe
- Trim stems off from the eggplant and cut them in half. Peel strips from the skin of the eggplants with a vegetable peeler as seen in the video.
- Add 500 ml of oil into a saucepan. When the oil starts popping, add the eggplants and fry for 4 minutes.
- Place a napkin on a plate and put the fried eggplants on it.
- Wait a few minute for it to drain the oil.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons of oil into a pan.
- Add the onions and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the minced meat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then, add chopped red capia and green peppers and keep cooking.
- Add the tomato and stir for a minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste. Stir it a little, then add the spices.
- After cooking a little more, add the chopped parsley.
- Then add a little of water to the pot (a quarter cup) and boil for 2 minutes.
- 4. Put the fried eggplants in a pyrex or a baking tray and cut a slit in the middle of the eggplants without cutting all the way through.
- Then fill them up with the mixture we cooked with minced meat.
- (On request, red or green peppers can be added to garnish.)
- Put 1 tablespoon of tomato paste in the glass, add water, mix and pour into the tray.
- Bake at 170 degrees Celsius (338 degrees Fahrenheit ) for 30 minutes.